We Respect Your Privacy.
At Forum Care the security of personal information that we collect is of utmost importance to us.
What kinds of personal information does Forum Care collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
- your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
- your email address;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
- credit card details, if you make a purchase with us or choose to have these stored in your online Forum Care account;
- your Forum Care username;
- any preferences that you select;
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us or others on the Forum Care network.
How does Forum Care collect personal information?
Generally, we collect personal information when you:
- make a purchase through our network which includes our website, mobile site or Forum Care App;
- register as a Forum Care member via our website, mobile site or Forum Care App;
- purchase or renew your membership of the Forum Passport;
- participate in a Forum Care survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign;
- indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from Forum Care;
- sign up to an event;
- make an inquiry or a complaint;
- have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the phone or when you write to us.
In certain circumstances, we may also collect personal information about you in the course of combining and analysing different data sets which, in and of themselves, may not contain personal information.
Sometimes we collect personal information about you from other sources, for example:
- people making a purchase on your behalf;
- our business clients such as fund managers, public companies, financial planners and financial educators;
- third party suppliers and contractors who assist us to operate our business, such as:
- information technology suppliers
- marketing and digital services suppliers
- research and development organisations
- data partners
- analytics consultants; and
- publicly available sources of information
Also, from time to time Forum Care collects personal information about individuals who are not customers. This is usually where we collect the name and business contact details of a person who is the contact in a government agency or company with whom we deal. Forum Care’s policy is to only use personal information collected from non-customers for the main business purpose for which it was collected.
How does Forum Care hold personal information?
Forum Care may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about, or which we attribute to, you, including:
- information (personal or otherwise) that we collect from our website and mobile site (as described below in relation to “Cookies, Tracking and Advertising”) or from third parties; and
- personal information we receive from our group companies and client businesses, who, in common with us, have a relationship with you and where we understand that you have consented to such group companies and client businesses sharing your personal information with us.
We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Forum Care protects the personal information it collects in a secure database stored by our third party data storage provider. It is in proprietary data format, which can only be read using proprietary tools.
Forum Care employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by Forum Care as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required sign in and use a password when accessing Forum Care systems and to undertake training about how to manage personal information.
What are the purposes for which Forum Care may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information? Generally, Forum Care only uses personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which Forum Care collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
- to process and fulfil your payment for event administration fees;
- to contact you if there is an event cancellation or change in event details;
- to get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us in order to identify ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and mobile site or other services;
- managing your dealings with us as a Forum Care network member;
- so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
- to allow our related companies to promote their products and services to you and those of their partners;
- so that fund managers, public companies, financial planners and finance educators (who are business clients and for whom you have elected access to) can use it for operational purposes;
- detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorised event access;
- for business research and development of new products and services for network members;
- to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions that we or other network members run;
- displaying content and advertising that is customised to your interests, preferences and experiences, including through online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation activities;
- verifying your identity;
- so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling; and
- for the conduct of data analytics and predicting trends;
- marketing services in connection with the products and services we provide; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
Sometimes Forum Care will produce aggregated data. Forum Care may also receive aggregated data from its third party suppliers and contractors or business customers. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. Forum Care uses, and may combine, the aggregated data it produces and receives for research purposes and in connection with products and services we provide to our business clients.
From time to time, there may be other purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. We will tell you about these at the point of collection.